Ok! Here we are, back with part 2 of 2! I’ve got some powerful and VERY important stuff for you today, so read, take notes, and then apply this with all that you are, and you can’t help but succeed!
QUICK RECAP: In part 1 of this post, I gave you “The Big-5Essential Steps”. And we went into an in-depth overview of number 1. Here are “The Big-5 again:
- DEFINE your goals, motivation, and committment
- Evaluate where you are now
- Design a COMPLETE program to achieve your goals
- Take action and IMPLEMENT your program
- Regularly ASSESS your progress and update your program
Now that you’re all caught up, let’s take a closer look at 2-5:
2. Evaluate where you are now
That which you wish to improve must be measured! For example:
- body fat
Whatever your goals are, you must figure out exactly where you are now, so you can design a comprehensive program to reach your goals.
When I start with a new client, I always make it a point to take before and after photos and a full body-composition check-up (lean mass, body fat%, hydration%, bone mass, metabolic age, etc.), so I can create an appropriate progam to make sure we don’t push too hard too fast, which could result in failure. At the same time, I’d really hate to under-work ya.
3. Design a complete program to achieve your goals
A comprehensive health & fitness program MUST include each of the following 5 components of success!
A. Nutrition-the foundation of all health and fitness
- 70%+ of all your results will rest upon your nutrition
- ESSENTIAL for energy production
- Kick-starts your metabolism
- Motivates you to workout because you feel better
B. Supplementation-to fill in the gaps in your nutrition program so you can MAXIMIZE your health & fitness
- It’s nearly impossible to get total nutrition from food alone (6000+ calories of perfect foods) – good luck losing weight in that case.
- Are you missing meals? That could significantly slow your metabolism… Good supplements are easy to use in place of meals.
- Are you eating at least 10 servings of fruits and veggies every day? No?? Supplements can fill that void as well
- Get your supplements here: http://chrismeredith.myunivera..com (ageless xtra is a great start)
- For a FREE personal recommendation, please call me 206-595-5291 for details
C. Resistance training-increases lean muscle and metaboism
- increase lean muscle to boost your metabolism for the long hall (up to 48 hours post strength training workout)
- increased strength makes your daily activities/tasks easier to complete
- prevent unwanted body fat from returning
D. Cardiovascular exercise-heart health and fat burn
- maximize your fat burn. This takes far less time than you might think.
E. Professional guidance-knowledge, support, direction & accountability
- A professional Health & Fitness Coach/Fitness Trainer provides you with all of the above.
- I provide all of these services in a dynamic and highly-effective 30 routine that trains your strength, endurance, cardio, balance, stability, agility, core and more for FAST results.
4. Take Action and implement your program
- Learn each of the components of your program (listed above)
- Take action and implement each component
- Commit to push through 21 days, no matter what, to begin forming your new positive habit. Anything less and you will return to your prior habits of couch-potatoism and feeling lousy about your health & fitness (not an option!). So commit to at least 21 days
5. Regularly assess your progress and update your program
- you’ve got to regularly assess your results by measuring the same things you did in the beginning of your program. Afterall, you’re in this to improve in some way…right? So measure that which you intend to improve. therwise, what’s the point? If you fail to do this, you will likely experience plateaus, frustration and back-sliding. Take responsibility for doing this. It will ensure continued and accelerated success!
- Have an expert review your progress and program to identify necessary “course corrections” to succeed! THink of your program like a guided missile. Ya don’t just aim at your goal once, shoot, and then BOOM! Ya got it… No. Your gonna have ups and downs and padded curve-balls that require adjustments in your program until you hit your target (your goals). The more professional guidance you get, the faster you’ll hit your target
- If you’d like professional guidance, check out the link at the bottom of this post for more details
How long should it take to see significant results?
- On your own: within 90 days you should experience significant changes that will help you stay motivated to keep up on your fitness
- With my help: My 6 week Metabolic Makeover will melt annoying body fat away! So much that you’ll see a great difference from start to completion of the 6 week program (between 13-27lbs!)
I’ll close this post with a quote:
“all of your choice so far, have led you to be where you are. Your choices you make have the power to lead you where you want to go”
So MAKE some good choices!
Chris Meredith, Owner
The Chris Meredith Method Training Studio
PS. Wanna burn 13-23lbs of annoying belly fat & tone up your entire body in 6 weeks, only spending 30 minutes a day in the gym? I’ve created an awesome program that will help you do just that. I call it “6-Week Metabolic Makeover”. Learn more here: 6-Week Metabolic Makeover