- Take a few moments each day to visualize yourself at your ideal weight. Imagine how it feels to look the way you’ve always wanted.
- Protect your mind from any negative self talk. If a negative thought comes to mind, immediately reject it.
- You want to be thin and fit, and yet you think of yourself as out-of-shape and fat. Re-program your mind to think of yourself as fit and attractive, and you will be well on your way toward achieving your goal.
- Give up the belief that you can’t achieve the body you’ve always dreamed of. See it first in your mind, and then in the mirror.
Change makes most of us nervous – even if it is a change in the right direction. You may not be consciously aware of the fear you have of getting into shape. Until you conquer this fear, your weight loss efforts will be blocked by self sabotage.
Professional speaker and author, Anthony Robbins, has outlined three specific beliefs that you must have in order to conquer your fear and instantly create a lasting change.
- Believe that something MUST change. You can’t be wishy-washy about it. You can’t be considering it. You can’t even be pretty sure about it. You’ve got to be rock solid.
- Believe that YOU must change it. You can’t pass the buck of responsibility and expect to lose weight. It’s on your shoulders. Other people will prove to be great assets in your journey, but in the end you are the one who is going to make it happen. You have to want this weight loss enough to make it your personal mission.
- Believe you CAN change it. You may have failed in the past, but that doesn’t matter. When you put your mind to it, you’re able to do amazing things. Do you believe that you are capable of losing weight? Once you own the belief that you can, you’ll be unstoppable.
Your excuses for being out-of-shape are getting old. An excuse takes less immediate effort than an action, but in the long run the action taker always has the advantage. Don’t allow excuses to ruin your life any longer.
- Don’t skip out on your responsibilities with excuses, instead expect more from yourself.
- Focus on the big reason why you are losing the weight. Make a list of the benefits you’ll enjoy once you achieve your goal, and read them first thing each morning.
- Remember that you can only have two things in life: excuses or results. Which do you want?
How many times have you tried to lose weight, only to give up a week or two later? We live in a commitment-phobic world, so it’s no wonder that you routinely abandon your goals. If you truly want to lose weight then your commitment to the process is a must.
- The margin between success and failure is bridged by your commitment. Don’t give up until your goal has been achieved.
- Treat exercise with the same importance as a work meeting, and you’ll never skip it at the last minute. Find three available 60-minute time slots in your schedule and mark them (in pen) on your calendar. Now stick to your schedule.
- If you don’t give up, then you’ll never fail.
If you consistently eat the wrong food, then you’re weight loss efforts will all be in vain. To put it bluntly, you need to stop eating junk. Processed foods, refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup do not belong in your diet if you want to be in great shape. Cut these items out of your diet and replace them with real whole foods like lean meats, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and fruits.
- Don’t eat processed foods. Even though processed foods are accepted by our society, they contain tons of chemicals and empty calories that will make you sick and fat.
- Fat contains twice the caloric density of protein and carbohydrates, so make sure to limit the amount that you consume. Eat lots of lean proteins and wholesome carbohydrates from plants and whole grains.
- Vegetables, whole grains, fruits, nuts and seeds are filled with fiber and antioxidants which are vital for healthy weight loss. Snack on these instead of packaged treats.
It takes time to transform your body from fat to fit, even though you want it to happen overnight. Remind yourself that it took time to put the weight on, so it will take time to take the weight off. When you find your patience wavering, or when you encounter a frustrating plateau, do the following:
- Review your goal. Is it specific and measurable? Is it small and attainable, rather than monumental? Focus on your goal when the going gets tough.
- Make each workout a new experience. Challenge your body with different resistance, new exercises and a varied pace.
- Remember that anyone can have one great workout, but that won’t get you the body you want. The only way to achieve your goal is by consistently exercising and eating right, plain and simple.
Blocker #7: Your Support
People who exercise alone are less challenged, less accountable and are more likely to fail. It makes sense. Who would rush to the gym if no one is was waiting for them? Who would push themselves if no one was paying attention? Exercising alone is a recipe for disaster.
- Find a workout partner who is in better shape than you, or better yet, work with me, your local fitness expert, to guarantee your results.
- I am passionate about seeing you achieve results – don’t waste your time, energy and effort on mistakes.
- When you start a program with me, you suddenly have the upper hand on weight loss. I’ll be in your corner, coaching you each step of the way, keeping you accountable to workouts and giving you that dose of encouragement when you need it most.
Get serious about your results and begin the last weight loss program that you’ll ever do.
Call or email today to schedule your first workout 206-914-4869
It’s absolutely true! Jay Jeffries burned 7.8% body fat in less than 1 month! He did such a great job that I asked if it would be okay to post his interview and share it with you. His interview is below. We hope it will inspire you to get moving towards your fitness goals. He burned 7.8% body fat in less than one month?!! Read how he did it below.
Jay Jeffries Interview:
Q: Tell us about you. Who are you? Age? Hobbies?
A: I’m a normal 40 year old guy who used to be very active/athletic until career, travel and family life became my excuse and priority over my health. I love to swim competitively, play golf and most other sports. I’m also a huge fan of wine and craft beers, which gets me into trouble with my trainer from time to time.
Q: What do you do?
A: I work for a major consumer electronics company and manage the Costco, Amazon, etc. business for them.
Q: What was life like before our program?
A: I was not setting aside time to workout. Stress from my work, business travel, and a new child was consuming me and I was piling on the weight. My muscles were atrophied and I had little to no energy to play with my son. My diet was carbs, carbs, wine/beer, carbs, fat and maybe an apple followed by more wine/beer….delicious but not sustainable.
Q: What challenges did you face with fitness before our program?
A: Stress, lack of energy, gaining weight and bad diet.
Q: What results have you got from our program?
A: Happy to say that I lost over 8% body fat in my first 3 weeks! Increased lean muscle mass and tone and have way more energy!
Q: What was one thing that helped you the most?
A: Only one? The diet plan and scheduling time each day. I live by my calendar and appointments. If it’s not on my schedule, it most likely won’t get done.
Q: What would you recommend to someone who wants to accomplish results like yours?
A: The Chris Meredith Method works! Get going today, don’t put it off! Stick to the program. Discipline yourself, invest in yourself and you will see results.
So there you have it. Were you inspired by this story? Do you have an inspiring story, or want to become one? Learn how my fitness program can help you do that by clicking here: https://www.21daymetabolicmakeover.com/
People are always asking me how to lose fat, tone up, and boost their metabolism. The real question people should be asking is “why is my metabolism slowing or slowed down?” The simple answer to that question for most people is long periods of inactivity, AKA desk jobs.
The best way to combat low metabolism is a combination of eating right (not starving yourself or skipping meals), and being more active during the day. I recommend breaking up the work day of sitting behind your desk by implementing short intense bouts of simple exercise…enter pushup boot camp! 🙂
Pushup boot camp is comprised of 2 simple exercises that don’t require any equipment or very much space. The 2 following videos cover most of the details for pushup boot camp. Below the videos you will find a chart that helps you determine your numbers for each exercise.
So if you are interested in trimming your waistline, boosting metabolism and feeling more energetic, I challenge you to do just that. Go watch these 2 quick videos and take the Pushup Boot Camp for a test drive for 6 weeks. Stick with it and I guarantee you’ll be happy you did.
Your Homework Chart (find the average of your 2 max pushup sets in the chart for your homework:
5-10 = 5 sets of 8 pushups/20 prisoner squats
11-15 = 5 sets of 13 pushups/30 prisoner squats
11-20 = 5 sets of 18 pushups/40 prisoner squats
21-30 = 5 sets of 27 pushups/50 prisoner squats
31-40 = 5 sets of 5 1-arm pushups/60 prisoner squats
Complete your 5 sets of homework exercises (at home or the office) 5 days a week…Monday-Friday is great!
I’d love to know what you think, so go comment below using the facebook comment bar and lemme know. Thnx!
PS. If you’re looking for more results & accountability or even just some variety in your program, go here: https://www.21daymetabolicmakeover.com/index.html
I just about spit my breakfast out when I read this. Some BS “miracle weight loss pill” that was linked to tumor growth, has now been approved by the FDA… The studies have shown that taking this pill (the same one that can cause tumors to grow) will help obese people lose 5% of their body fat in 1 year… For a 300lb person, that’s losing 15lbs in 1 year. WTF?! I can help that same person lose 15lbs in 2-3 weeks with a walking program and 1 by eliminating starchy foods from their diet.
Is this what the FDA thinks of us?
Here’s a link to the article: https://www.cleveland.com/healthfit/index.ssf/2012/06/anti-obesity_pill_belvig_gets.html
The FDA is making us sick and killing us with this crap! What are your thoughts? Comment below to share them.
This time a year we can’t avoid the Holiday parties and it’s evil twin “Alcohol”. If you know me, you know that I am a big advocate of a balanced lifestyle. I preach moderation NOT restriction. So without further ado, let’s talk a bit about our “friend” alcohol.
Alcohol And Fat Loss – What You Need To Know
One question that often presents itself to many dieters who are trying to shed the excess weight that has accumulated over time is whether or not alcohol can be included in their diet plan.
Alcohol is something that most adults do like to indulge in from time to time – some more often than others.
So what’s the real deal about alcohol and your progress? Is this something that you can make room for in your diet or is it something that you need to give the boot?
Alcohol And Calories:
The very first thing that you need to take note of is how many calories are found in alcohol. Alcohol itself contains seven calories per gram, whereas both proteins and carbs contain just four. Fat comes in at the highest calorie value per gram at nine, which places alcohol right in the middle.
But what’s often worse is what the alcohol is mixed with. If you’re drinking your alcohol with high calorie or fat mixers such as cream, sodas, or sugary mixers you could easily end up with a drink that packs in well over 300 calories per serving.
If you take in three or four of these over the course of the night, it’s really going to add up.
Alcohol And Fat Metabolism:
The second important thing that you need to note is the impact that alcohol consumption will have on your fat metabolism. The minute that you put alcohol into your body, all fat burning is going to come to a halt.
Your body views alcohol as a toxin and as such, as soon as it comes in, it’s going to do everything it can to rid itself of this alcohol. No further fat will be burned off until it’s out of your system.
Only then will you start burning up body fat again. So if you consume quite a bit of alcohol one night, you can expect to see your rate of fat loss drop off for a more significant period of time.
Alcohol And Your Recovery:
Finally, the last important thing to note about alcohol consumption is the impact it will have on your recovery rates.
In addition to putting the breaks on all fat burning taking place in the body, the second thing that alcohol is going to put the breaks on is protein synthesis.
This means that no further lean muscle tissue will be built up as long as that alcohol is in the body.
Again, you can imagine what this is going to do to your workout goals.
So as you can see, if you want to be truly successful with your fat loss and workout program, it’s best if you can forgo alcohol for the time being. One drink every now and then may not hurt all that much, but if you’re taking in any more than this, it will definitely hinder the progress that you see.
Comitted to your health and fitness goals,
PS – Until Xmas for every 3 month purchase (Paid in full) of personal training we are throwing an extra month on the house
Hey, Chris from The Chris Meredith Method Training Studio here,
Today I’d like to share another awesome Client Of The Week Video with you. This weeks’ featured client is Rene R from Redmond. As always, client of the week is a very tough pic, but I have to pick someone.
I chose Rene because he is always willing to push out of his comfort zone and challenge himself to change, which is what the workout program at The Chris Meredith Method Training Studio is based on. I know you’ll find this video very inspiring, so check it out! And thnx Rene for stepping up to the plate and swinging for the fences!
Thnx for tuning in for Motivation Monday’s Client Of The Week!
Committed to your fitness,
Chris Meredith, Owner
The Chris Meredith Method Training Studio
PS. Do you have a health & fitness goal? Wanna be more functionally fit, but don’t have much time to invest towards it? Click here for your FREE 1-week trialand see how I can help you achieve your goals in just 30 minutes a day
PPS. Please share your comments below.